Dalgona Challenge




Took me several tries, but finally found the secret - good whisking tool.

So here you go, Dalgona "Quarantine Coffee" (i fondly call this the inverted cappuccino)


What you need:
I was told it's 2-2-2. 2 tbsp of instant coffee, sugar, boiling water. However, 2 tbsp is too strong for me. So mine is 1-2-2.

1 tbsp instant coffee (instant, not 3-in-1, not roast..my first mistake was I used 3-in-1... instant decaf also works)
2 tbsp sugar (i use sugar substitute because i'm doing low-carb..... i recommend Lakanto's Monkfruit Classic  sugar substitue...it's 1:1 substitute ratio)
2 tbsp boiling water
milk (how much is up to you...if you want it strong just use 1 cup, otherwise use 8oz)




How to do it:
1. Place all ingredients in a beaker or a bowl (or wherever that wont break while you're whisking)
2. I mix the ingredients a little bit so they are almost dissolved in the water.
3. I use a metal beaker and I like tilting it in an angle. The deeper the "pool" the better/easier it whisks.
4. Take out your dependable whisk (I use a froth maker), and whisk for 3 minutes.
5. During the early stage of whipping DO NOT whisk above the liquid, because it will create big bubbles. Stay below the liquid. This is the reason you want to tilt the beaker.
6. Your whisk stays in 1 place 90% of the time. I only move it around to move the ingredients to the pool.
7. If you have a good whisk, you'll see it froth by the 2-minute mark, otherwise you might need to whisk for a total of 5 minutes (or more).
8. You know it's done when you lift the whisk and the froth doesn't drip down. OR if you put the beaker upside down the coffee froth does not fall down (like the Dairy Queen's Blizzard). See my video below to see what I mean.
9. As a side note, it doesn't have to be that stiff (see #8). Personally, I prefer it pour-able, so I don't have to spoon it into my milk and it's easier to mix into the milk.





Here's a video :



Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58FWta32gg

0 comments