Baking Bread without the Flour





Did you believe me when I said "without flour"?
Well, you better :)



What you'll need:

12 egg whites (separated from whole eggs)
¼ cup powdered sugar substitute of your choice (i used Lakanto's for baking).
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cream of tartar (to help stabilize the whites)
Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray (I didn't have the spray so I just wiped the baking pan with avocado oil. If you end up doing the same rub the oil liberally)








How to do it:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Separate the eggs and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer.
3. Add your sugar substitute, salt and cream of tartar and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff. 
4. Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the Jay Robb egg white protein powder into the whites.
5. Grease a bread pan with oil spray and fill with your beaten egg.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Turn oven off and leave bread in the oven for 15 minutes to avoid the bread from falling.
8. Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall. Cut into slices.
9. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.

Option: Make bread into 18 buns on a greased cookie sheet bake for 13-15 minutes.

Nutritional Information:
32 calories, 0g fat, 7g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fiber


Verdict:
I, personally won't eat this plain, the somewhat bouncy texture is throwing me off. I have, however, have eaten this with peanut butter and did grilled cheese with it.

By the way, the original recipe calls for allulose. I tend to get very gassy with that so I opted to use my favorite sugar substitute instead (Lakanto's Monkfruit).


grilled cheese




source: https://mariamindbodyhealth.com/protein-sparing-wonder-bread/

0 comments