I first had this dish for the first time at Padi’s Point in Antipolo. It was a sizzling version. You know, sizzling plate, lots of smoke, the works.
This one is the same taste (well kinda, taste is relative) minus the sizzling plate.
* 4 pieces red hotdogs Filipino style hotdogs, sliced diagonally (mine is length-wise, so there’s really no strict rule)
* 1 medium yellow onion
* 6 tablespoons banana ketchup
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
* Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
* Saute the onion once the oil is hot.
* Once the onion becomes soft, put-in the sliced hotdog. Cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
* Add the garlic powder and ketchup. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
* Add salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve with an ice cold beer.
* or rice (we don’t judge.... i do that too, actually 😜)