Filet Mignon (Steak)

Category:Meat & Seafood
Style:American
Special Consideration:Low Carb
Servings:1 to 2 depending on how much filet mignon you have





Ingredients:
- good pieces of filet mignon (as many as you want)
- some seasoning of your choice (like lawry's seasoned salt)
- some veggies of your choice

Directions:
You can either grill it or bake it. This recipe is baking it.
By the way, I like mine medium rare so it would still be soft and easy to chew. I don't like rubber-like steak, it makes my jaw tired, lol. So make necessary changes for how much time you want to bake and broil your filet mignon. Usually, it always differ depending on how big or how thick your steak is.

1. Pre-heat oven at 350F
2. Meanwhile wash, dry and remove fat from the filet mignon
3. Prepare baking pan by putting a foil on top of it.
4. Season the filet mignons (the whole of it) and put them on the baking pan
5. When oven's ready put the pan in
6. Bake for 15 minutes
7. Then set your oven to broil at high temp and broil the filet mignons for 5 min
8. After broiling take the pan out and slice a tiny bit of the meat to check if its baked/broiled to your liking. Personally, I like mine pink and if I still see a lot of blood at this step I'll put it back in the oven and would broil my filet mignons for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite vegetables.

Bon Appetit!


Background story:
Description:
Believe it or not, I used to hate steak (I prefer ribs) and everytime time I'll make that known to mankind there's always one who would yell at me and say: "What's the matter with you?!", LMAO. But that changed when one of my co-workers brought 3 large pieces of (uncooked) filet mignon to grill for our impromptu barbeque at work.

I watched my co-worker grill those 3 large chunk of meat, to my stomach's dismay (i can't stand seeing large chunk of meat, err, i used to) while I'm grilling my korean bbq. When my co-worker finally asked me if I want some I hesitated but because I don't want to sound impolite (hehe) I said yes, but only if he would cut it in half ("That's too big, I won't be able to finish it"). So he gave me half and I started eating it and I have never tasted a meat that melts in your mouth!

....and the rest is history, I became a convert, LOL

(this was a year ago)
/marlin

0 comments