Taqueria del sol

June 1, 2013


I have promoted myself from eating at Taco Bell for my mexican food mix to an actual Mexican restaurant. Now whether or not they are authentic I don't know. Ask me again once I finally visited Mexico.

Anyway, this is about a restaurant very close to where I work. It's called Taqueria del Sol



The first time I went to this restaurant the first thing that struck me is that they serve beer in the middle of the day (and later on found out they serve Margarita too, which I'll talk more about later).


They have some lunch specials and dinner specials and there is this one lunch special that I have tried that I really like but forgot to jot the name  nor take a photo. But when the hubby and I went there for dinner I remembered to document it and this is what this blog would be about.


the $3 margarita
First, they will give you free chips with the salsa trio dip. I forgot what they are but there's the green, red and another red, sorry, I know that wasn't much of a help, but they're all good. Then we started ordering. By the way, just a tip, if they have a long line just go straight to the bar section. They serve full meal there too. So anyway, so we ordered drinks first. I had my diet coke and their $3 frozen margarita. Do not let the price fool you, they are actually good margarita! I was pleasantly buzzed after I finished my glass. The hubby ordered the Lager Dos Equis.


Then we proceeded to order the real deal. I ordered their dinner special which is the Chef Dinner Enchiladas Suizas.  It has 2 corn tortillas filled with grilled chicken breast &onions, topped with cheese and a creamy tomatillo sauce and served with mexican rice. It was sooo good! We paid $8.99 for that

Chef Dinner Enchiladas Suizas
The hubby ordered one of their Taco stuff called Carnita. According to the menu it's the Mexican favorite. Twice cooked tender pork with salsa frita, cilantro & onions. It was very good too! All their Tacos menu are served in soft flour tortillas. The best part? It's only $2.49 per order!

Carnita
Over all we're very pleased. We didn't end up cursing ourselves for finishing the whole serving because it's just the perfect serving size for us and most importantly it's cheap!

Note to self: Swing by for a quick margarita fix during lunchbreak when work get's too stressful, lol.

P.S.
You'll probably see the menu on their website but just in case you're too lazy to click the reastaurant website's link see below



0 comments